Project: Smart air pollution sensor network
The goal of the project was to develop a sensor hub (polipods) that includes different environmental sensors for air pollution monitoring. Hub is designed to be installed on the moving vehicles. Polipod is a low energy, customizable device platform for collecting data about 10 air pollutants, most important being Particulate Matter (PM2.5 and PM10), CO2 and NOx. Chosen sensors were tested and calibrated at the TalTech laboratory. By installing the polipods on moving vehicles (public transportation, cars, bikes, ), it covers a greater city area, monitoring the air pollution at a street level. Data was initially collected to the Cumulocity IoT platform.
- Includes wide range of sensors
- Particulate matter sensors PM2.5 and PM10
- CO2 sensor
- NOx sensor
- Humidity sensor
- Temperature sensor
- NB-IoT radio network is used for automatic data transmission
- CO2 and NOx sensors were separated from other sensors as they need a continuously flowing air
- System continues working on Li-Po battery if power from vehicle is interrupted
Project was successfully finished in 01.2019.